Sunday, July 24, 2016

Crazy Driver Sunday

7/24/16

By Norman R Guidry

We got a slow start but headed across town on the Metro to the fancy neighborhood of El Poblado
for the farmers market and a coffee shop Mom really wanted to visit.  I bought some cool glasses for a experiment we are planning on doing (TOP SECRET).  Then we walked all the way up the hill to farmers market where I got an handmade ice cream at 10am!!! Then we headed to the coffee shop which was still closed at 10:30!!! But we found another one and mom and andrew got 2 iced lattes each.  Then we headed back down the hill to the Metro to go towards the parque.  There was a slight misunderstanding about the logistics of the following events but we ended up catching a 'chicken bus' to Ecological Parque El Salado.  On the way there the driver was super crazy wiping around blind turns thru tiny villages all the while I had no expression even when he slammed on the brakes sending my face into the seat in front of me.  But we arrived safely. I asked mom 'I wonder how many people he's ran over while driving.'  The park was cool it had zip lines and a river running through it and picnic tables.  We went swimming in the freezing cold water, I barely went over my legs but Quincy fell all the way in.  Turns out he's not a good swimmer.  I threw a rock at a bigger rock and it broke other times I missed, and I threw a rock with a point and it bounced off the tip into the water.  Then it started raining and we went under the shelter of the food court and ate a peanut butter sandwich and mom and Andrew ate Sancocho, a weird soup with meat and potatoes.  After the rain we waited for the bus and guess what driver we got? The crazy one!! This time he wasn't so crazy going downhill, I didn't get my face thrown into the seat (this time I brought a helmet).  Then we went home and while andrew and the baby slept, me and mom watched an episode of Marvel Agents of the Shield.
We went out for dinner and I got chicken nuggets and they got Bandeja Paisa ('country flag') the national dish of Colombia, fried plantains and chicken on a stick.











2 comments:

LBS said...

Good writing, Norman! Too much excitement on the bus. POP

Bukan Saya said...

I really appreciate the kind of topics post here. Thanks for sharing us a great information that is actually helpful. Good day! Gambar Hot Pembantu Bispak ML