Monday, November 19, 2007

my encounter with a real Dick

this area is the mecca for duck hunting, in fact the most recent survey found 175,000 ducks in the 85,000 acre. wow, right? anyway this past sunday I was driving the usgs 15 passenger van (yeah I get a lot of second looks from the ladies) to a hunting lodge to see the hunters bring in their ducks. i was traveling at a safe but efficient clip down a 2 lane country road when i saw a police car coming in the opposite direction. instinctively i slammed on the brakes to come to a more socially acceptable operating speed and waved to the officer nonchalantly as we passed and i continued to watch for his sirens or brakes in my rear view. "whew" i thought and continued on my way down the road, when around the bend came another policeman on a motorcycle this time lights aflashing, sirens ablaring, and swerving into my lane and motioning to slow down, “oh boy” i thought “just what i need another speeding ticket.” but he continues on by me, at this point im going 35 in a 55, when i see another two bike cops coming “ok, let me think I dumped all the bodies in the marsh, cleaned up the meth lab, and no way, mr kim jung ill would have given me up for those little secrets I sold, they got nothing on me” but they also motion to slow down. “do you want me to walk” i politely mouthed through the windshield. behind them comes a motorcade with state police, black suburbans, and interestingly an ambulance. when i arrived at the lodge and asked my refuge friend, she says “it was dick cheney, he hunts here every year.” “ah ha that’s why they brought the ambulance” i thought to myself.

the moral of the story “when you see a Dick, go slow and duck!”

No comments: