Sunday, April 08, 2007

ait amer ou ali

ait amer ou ali, is the site of my group's community based training (cbt), about 7 km from azrou. my group consisted of six members and a language teacher. one member returned to the states due to a stomach illness. we spend the majority of our days in class studying language. the evenings are spent with our individual host families eating dinner and practicing speaking.

the two women on the left im not sure who they are but emily, me, hadija, jhonny, zahara, kira, lexie

my cbt group, mohammed, emily, jennifer, kira and hadija, the cook. sitting down for lunch, usually fresh salad, bread, and tagine (in the clay platter). meals are eaten with your hands by tearing off bread and scooping from the communal central dish.

the average day interviewing locals and hacking my way through the language unintelligibly in a southern accent