Tuesday, June 26, 2007

saving the world one sign at a time

during training they tell you not to expect immediate results, but they werent accustomed to dealing with super volunteer, andrew quincy!!! after talking with my host brother i decided to focus my initial energies on helping the womens cooperative hone their business approach, my village is situated on an established trekking route meaning lots of foreigners pass through the community and the community benefits little from the passing money, my host mother is involved in the weaving workshop but they lacked a proper sign, other than cardboard cutout, so given that they had a metal scrap laying around i decided to help by painting a "catchy" billboard to draw attention to the cooperatives wares, my host brothers decided on the wording in french and arabic "development association of amejgag"

this is my older host brother, hussian, in our living room sketching in the layout


my host brothers, hussian and abdul halem helping sketch


picasso-esque, dont you think



the final product

No comments: